THE 2021 MOBILIZATIONS FOR DR. AAFIA SIDDIQUI
A series of human rights mobilizations are about to unfold in 5 cities for Dr. Aafia Siddiqui, now well into her 18th year of wrongful imprisonment in the United States. The mobilizations will begin on Thursday, September 16th, in front of the Pakistan Consulate located at 11850 Jones Rd, Houston, Texas, 77070. Starting Time: 3 pm (CDT)
The second Texas mobilization will be on Saturday, September 18th, in front of the Carswell Military Base where Aafia is currently imprisoned. The location is 1200 Meandering Rd, Fort Worth, Texas, 76114. Starting Time: 5:30 pm (CDT)
From Texas we head to New York City for the third mobilization. From New York to Boston; and from Boston to Washington, DC, for the fifth and final human rights mobilization. (Date, Time, and Location of the final three mobilizations TBA).
For additional info: El-Hajj Mauri’ Saalakhan (202) 246-9608 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Dr. Aafia Siddiqui is a wrongfully incarcerated mother who languishes behind bars unjustly in the United States at FMC Carswell. She is known as the “Daughter of Nation” in Pakistan. On July 30th, 2021 Dr. Aafia was brutally attacked by a fellow inmate and was later put in solitary confinement. We only found out about her attack when her attorney, Marwa Elbially visited her in jail and witnessed the burns on her face and bruising. Dr. Aafia told her lawyer “The fact that I’m not blind is a miracle from Allah”. She has made calls for public support.
The Aafia Foundation has partnered with local organizations including CAIR (Dallas/Fort Worth chapter), and ICNA CSJ to spearhead mobilizations in 5 cities to mark the 18th year of unjust imprisonment of Dr. Aafia Siddiqui.
- Houston, TX – Thursday, September 16th at 3pm, Pakistan Consulate, 11850 Jones Road, Houston, TX 77070
- Fort Worth, TX – Saturday, September 18th at 5:30pm, FMC Carswell, 1200 Meandering Rd Fort Worth, TX 76114
- New York, NY – TBD
- Boston, MA – TBD
- Washington, DC – TBD
The purpose of these mobilizations is to accomplish the following:
- Raise awareness of a great miscarriage of justice, and the innocence and plight of Dr. Aafia Siddiqui.
- Protest against the recent violent attack on Dr. Aafia Siddiqui at FMC Carswell.
- Express solidarity with Dr. Aafia Siddiqui in response to her recent call for public support (after the assault incident).
- Demand accountability for the failure of the prison facility to protect Dr. Aafia Siddiqui, and to inform her lawyer on the day of the assault.
- Demand the repatriation of Dr. Aafia Siddiqui back to her country Pakistan.
- Demand the humane treatment of Dr. Aafia Siddiqui including her release from solitary confinement, and that her human rights be respected until she is repatriated back to her country Pakistan.
- Fulfill our moral communal responsibility to stand up against injustice and to raise our voices for the voiceless!
- Send a reminder that Dr. Aafia Siddiqui has NOT been forgotten!
The Aafia Foundation is seeking partnership and endorsement from community organizations to join the call for her release and for the restoration of her human rights. Will you join us in the STRUGGLE?
Free Aafia Rally Endorsement Form
Facebook Event Pages:
For more information regarding the upcoming mobilizations, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A POLITICAL PRISONER INFO EXTRAVAGANZA!!!
***FORWARDED ANNOUNCEMENT FOR MARCH 19-21, 2021***